Monday, July 7, 2008

What will you be remembered for?

Today I was thinking about what we do and how we are remembered when we are gone. So, I thought I would pose the question to you all.. What would you like to be remembered for?

Were you an outstanding athlete that set some new records? Do you have a genius I.Q.? Are you proud of your parenting skills and feel that is your legacy? The world's best cook? Can you hold your breath for 10 minutes without going crosseyed? Can you move objects with your mind? Can you sing like an angel? Lift a car one-handed? All of these are not only noble, but worthy of being remembered for.

Me, I don't honestly know. I always imagined people would say years after I'm gone " He sure could make ya laugh". Not exactly noble, but hey..we all got our thang. There is one talent I possess not many people know about (actually noone til now). I can read a person's eyes. I see things in them most people would rather hide. I know, sounds implausible, but I really can. It has served me well over the years. I can tell if a girl is interested from across the room, or I can tell if I'm being lied to. I promise I don't use it for evil, only good. I can't save the world with it, and it's not really a talent. A simple act of observation into ones soul is all. But enough about me.

What do my readers want to remembered for? What would you like a statue erected in your honor for? Have you saved someone's life( and I know of one of us who has done just that)? Did you avoid a disaster by intuition alone? Can you make your children clean their rooms (and the neighbor's house as well) with just a look? Do you have the ability to control a situation with your mere presence?

I am most curious about this one. I love getting to know you all on a deeper and more personal level. I understand if you read and decide not to comment, but I do love reading your comments. I hope you do not find these a waste of time. I hope you gain some insight into your lives and the lives of those around you. I hope above all, that you walk away after reading these and say " He sure can make me laugh". Be good to one another, be generous in your thoughts, and do right by each other. I look forward to seeing you all this coming Saturday.

Brandon

3 comments:

Kamie said...

Brandon, I don't have any great talents or abilities that I think others will remember after I'm gone. I do hope, however, that I am remembered by the kind of children I raised.
I hope that my children will have grown into adults that use their talents to benefit society. Adults that are kind and loving to those around them. Adults that love their God and serve him. Adults that are productive citizens, patriots and loyal friends. Adults that know that their parents always loved them and in return show the same kind of love to their children. Adults that truly loved others and it showed in their actions.
I would like to be remembered for these children I leave behind and the legacy that follows them.

DeLaina said...

I want to be known for making a difference in the world, so that decades from now, the world will be a better place, even in some small way, because I was here.

Or, maybe I just want to be known for being a kick-butt Text Twirl player...game on!

Lisa J said...

Hey Brandon--I love reading your blog and you do make me laugh. :)

I think I would like to be known for one of two things. Either:

1. "She really liked pizza." or

2. "She was a really good friend."

Either of those will do.

Actually, I think it would just be nice to be remembered in a good way--for whatever reason comes to mind.