Saturday, July 12, 2008

Friends

Today was the mini reunion, and I will admit, at first I was apprehensive. I wasn't entirely sure I wanted to go and rehash old memories, or even see how happy everyone is. I'm glad I went. As far as I could tell, a great time was had by all. Some faces had changed, some people had changed. Some of us have gone gray, others didn't appear to have changed at all. But the most surprising thing to me was how well received I was when I walked in. People were both surprised and happy that lil ol me was there. I thank you for that. It made an old man happy to think he has not offended anyone with senseless blogging or even ran anyone off with useless application invites. I received many good appraisals on the blog page, so here I continue. I thank you all.

Driving home it was "remember when we did that" or "remember that one time.." All great memories. There was even a discussion of those who aren't with us anymore, and those that should have been there. I know many had "valid" excuses like camping in Montana, or hiking in the mountains with the kids, or even, get this...a root canal. Sheesh. I've heard some whoppers in my time, but those? Come on. I jest. It was unfortunate some could not attend.

I value my friends for not what they are, but for WHO they are. Every one of you is unique in your own sense. Some of you challenge me spiritually, others mentally. I take from you all something valuable and precious, and I try to return my greed with something just as needed or wanted. I always hope it's an even trade.

I will close this blog by saying thank you again. Thank you for who you are, and what you add to my life. Thank you for reading the ramblings of a slightly warped, and often times, disturbed mind.

There has been talk of another get together, a BBQ perhaps, where the chillins can run free and roam wild. I look forward to this with no trepidation. Until then, you keep reading, and I'll keep writing.

Brandon

2 comments:

DeLaina said...

Seriously-all those lame excuses from folks who couldn't make it...boy did THEY miss out!

It was SO good to see you today, and everyone else as well.

And like I told you today, you don't have to shuffle off this mortal coil to be remembered as someone who makes me laugh!

I'm glad you decided to come.

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that I got to see you again! I don't know why you keep saying things like you have a "warped mind", etc. I happen to think you are one great guy, and have so much to offer. As I told you, your blogs make me smile, and especially... think. I like that. I thank you for making me stop and look at myself and the way I handle and do things!
I can't wait until the next get together...what have you heard? Is this from Troy W.? Maybe it is just for you and Veigh's family? I want to come!!!:)

Love you!!! oh, btw, you still give great hugs, too!