Thursday, June 26, 2008

Dinner (and a movie??)

There is one question that Psychologists often ask people to tender a response and to gauge a reaction. There is no right or wrong answer and it can and often does give insight into a persons inner-workings and mental status. That question is this: If you could have dinner with three people, famous or not, alive or dead, who would they be and why?

The most popular answer among 100 people asked is simply one person. Can you guess who it is? No, it's not me. Although I am a great cook (awesome actually). The most popular person amongst most lists is Jesus. Now whether that says the person asked wants to be closer to their Saviour, or perhaps to prove the validity, I know not. But as it stands, He is the most populr answer. He is in fact the first answer to come from most people asked. Not their realtives long past, not Angelina Jolie ( I wouldn't mind that one), not even The Pope, (and this goes for Catholics as well as other religions...surprising isn't it?).

So today's quandry diligent readers and posters is this...If you could choose three people, living or dead, famous or not to dine with for one evening, who would they be and why? I have actually pondererd this question for a few days before posting it, because my answers changed. I have finally come up with my three.

1) John F. Kennedy-Not only was he the youngest President ever elected to office, but he was the most charismatic as well. I love reading over his old speeches and policies, learning more about the man each time. There are several theories as to why they related his term in office to that of Camelot. I think it is because he carried himself like a King. Leaders around the world looked up to him and sought his advice. If I could ask him one question, I would ask him if he was aware of his impending death. I think he very well may have been.

2) Elvis Presley-If you have read my profile page and looked at any of the music loaded there, you will realize I idolize this man. He had the world at his fingertips and wanted for nothing. His love for his Mother was iconic in nature. I have yet to visit Graceland, but will I'm sure someday. My question for Elvis would be " If you could go back and do anything differently, would you, and what would you do"?

3) Adolf Hitler- Now before you drop your jaw in shock or even anger...read on. Hitler was a military genius. A monster for sure, but in his mind he was doing what he thought was right. If he hadn't been greedy and spread his troops far and wide, we could be speaking German today. His mind wasn't as fragile as some believe. He loved art and beauty. To pick his brain for one evening would be both challenging and interesting I'm sure. My question for him would be " What next?"

Now you know my three. Nothing religious or pretentious. I don't know what my three say about me. Maybe I plan on world domination while singing and riding in a convertible in Texas...I don't know. One thing I know for sure is that all three are tied together. Hitler of course we know as a German ( I think he was actually Austrian), Elvis served his military years in Germany and France, and John Kennedy's most famous speech next to "Ask not what your country...." was "Ich Von Berliner". Intriguing...sure. Odd...definitely. Scary...nah!

So there you are. Me in a nutshell. Now it's your turn. As with all other blogs, there is no criticsm, no laughing (unless you're funny and mean to be), no finger-pointing, and definitely no right or wrong answer. I am simply interested in all of you and what makes you unique. Check back often for comments posted by others about the blog or perhaps your comment itself. If for some reason I offend, I apologize in advance. If I make you laugh, your life is better for it. If I make you cry, I will blame someone else. I look forward as always to your take on the world around you, and the advice/comments/friendship you all offer so freely.

Blog ya later, Brandon

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am sorry no one has commented! I keep checking to see what others are going to say.
I on the other hand have been thinking on thos post for a while, now. I still don't have an answer!

I am very interested in your answers, Brandon. You surprise me, and yet you don't!

I love your posts and am eagerly awaiting your next one!

Kamie said...

I agree with Lisa. This one was way over my head! I tried to come up with three people and haven't been able to. Sorry. I'll try to answer one of your easier topics :)

Lisa J said...

I think (besides Jesus, because He's kind of a "given" one) that I would like to have dinner with three of my really, really good friends from my past. Because I'm just really kind of a simple girl and I love catching up with old friends.