Wednesday, June 25, 2008

D'Oh..What Annoys You?

This morning I thought I would pose the question to you all about annoyance and your attitude towards that which annoys you. If you have read my profile you will know it says I despise stupidity. I most certainly do, it annoys me. I'm not talking about the "oops I backed into another car at the supermarket cuz I wasn't paying attention" kind of stupidity, that is human nature to make a mistake or two, I'm talking about blatant, honest to God, without a doubt, plain, right out stupidity. You all know what I'm referring to. Those people who say or do something that makes you stop and look at them in bewilderment or wonder. Those people who not only do something once but repeat their effort at stupidity with any chance they are given. I mean come on, life is not rocket science.

Let me explain a little further. Some of the things that people say really annoy me. When someone says "It was the last place I looked", I want to respond with "really?"...I mean let's think about it, why would you continue looking after you found it? Of course it's going to be the last place you looked. Another one that always gets me ( and usually ends in a very sour response) is someone who will approach you at the bus stop or Trax station and actually ask you " Did the bus/train come yet?". I usually respond to those with a kind smile and a " Yes, actually, and I stood here waiting for you so I could be the one to tell you that you missed it" ( you stupid $%*@).

Now we move on to the things people do. In my line of work, safety is a given. You are given/required to wear safety gear daily. So I always wonder why there are a few who not only walk around without it, but look at you stupidly when you ask them where it is. Could it be that they are in fact faster than a speeding bullet and are impervious to injury or bodily harm? Blatant stupidity. No other way to look at something like that.

So now tell me ( and the rest of us), what annoys you? Is it the sing-song voice of your child/children calling out " Mooommmmyyyy....mooommmm...MOM!! MOM!! MOM!!" or even "Dad..Dad..Dad..Dad"? Is it the always popular "Are we there yet?" (this one most effective if asked every five or less minutes apart...ask my Brother). Or is it the person you work with or perhaps live next to that doesnt understand that you could honestly care less about his/her sex life, or the fact that their roses/lawn are soooo beautiful? Is it the guy/gal on your facebook page that keeps sending you application invites or just simply stupid things you're not interested in? Is it blog pages? Just some examples.

What truly annoys you? Do tell. Is there something or someone out there who you desperately needs to be beaten about the face and neck? I have heard that stress is defined as "The confusion created when ones mind overrides the body's basic desire to choke the living crap out of some idiot who desperately needs it". There you have it..so come on, don't be shy or scared. No names please, just some shining examples of what annoys you most. Are you done yet? Are you done yet? Are you done yet?

Blog ya later, Brandon

2 comments:

Laurie A Ramirez said...

I'll tell ya what annoys me!
1. Crappy drivers - worry about yourself and let me do what I do well! For example: Turning left at a busy intersection, the person coming toward you is going to turn right and you anticipate this so you start to turn after them. The idiot SLAMS on the breaks as if you were either going to cut them off or slam into the side of them. Then, they give you this look like you are Satan. Listen dummy, do what you are supposed to and what you clearly already committed to and get on with it. What I'm doing has nothing to do with it!

2. GUARANTEED!!! I wait all day anxiously awaiting the UPS dude. The SECOND I get in the shower, door bell rings. EVERY time. (Maybe the fact that it happens so much indicates I should stop ordering things online?)

3. People who ask me when I'm going to have a baby. I have been married a mere 3 months. I have a wonderful life. Do not assume it is somehow lacking because I don't have a screaming, pooping little human forever attached to my side. I have NO desire to have a baby, thank you very much. Nor do I have any desire to go through the hell that pregnancy seems to be.

Thanks Brandon. Happy to have a place to vent. I agree with you completely on the stupidity thing. It seems to be getting worse, too!

Brandon said...

Well...either you should stop ordering things online or stop showering. Either way..problem solved.