Saturday, February 26, 2011

" I dreamed a dream in times gone by, when hope was high and life worth living. I dreamed that love would never die, I dreamed your God would be forgiving. Then I was young and unafraid, and dreams were made and used and wasted. There was no ransom to be paid. No song unsung, no wine untasted. But the tigers come at night, with a voice as soft as thunder. As they tear your hope apart, as they turn your dream to shame. And still I dream she'll come to me, that we will live the years together. But there are dreams that cannot be, and there are storms we cannot weather. I had a dream my life would be so different from this hell I'm living, so different now from what it seems. Now life has killed the dream I dream".

These are words from a song. A song that comes from a musical. One of my favorites as a matter of fact. They are also the lyrics to the song that made Susan Boyle an International sensation. They come from Les Miserables, and it is one of the most profound, and beautiful songs ever. The lyrics say something in themselves I feel.

We all dream. Not all of us remember our dreams, but I do. Most anyway. There are times I experience a sense of Deja Vu, and after some recollection, I realize it is something I have dreamed before. Prophetic? No. This is a phenomenon many experience at one time or another. Freud believed our dreams explained our psyche in some way. Pfffffttttttt. Not everything in our lives can be blamed on our parents. No mater badly he wanted us to believe it.

There are cases of people inventing something useful that came to them as a dream. Could this be blamed on people in their life suppressing the creative nature? I doubt it. Who knows.

I do know this, dreams are an integral part of life. Without them, we carry frustrations ( both mentally and sexually) around like baggage. I know I have awoken refreshed and mentally alert after particular "odd" dreams. Something that has perplexed me before becomes suddenly clear and understandable. I don't dream I'm rich or famous. I don't dream I'm Don Juan. I don't even dream I'm a superhero. But I can tell you some of the dreams I have had in the past have been strange, and I have one that repeats itself from time to time. Usually when I'm tired and have too much on my mind. I dream I am in a corner of a room, and no matter what happens, the room keeps stretching away from me. It never gets smaller no matter where I go or what I do. I think were I hooked to a machine, you would see some serious REM.

Anyway, I'm not sure why I even wrote this blog. I was sitting here writing ( yes, I am attempting to turn my twisted warped mind into a book), and listening to some music. The song mentioned above came on, and I felt compelled to write it down. So there you go. No lesson learned today. No intellectual leakage. Nothing to go " Hmmm" over. Just me filling a screen with some words. I hope all your dreams are spectacular in nature. I wish you all super powers, sexual prowess and riches. That makes sleeping worth it when your dreams are looked forward to rather than dreaded.

I know this sounds odd, but believe me it helps. Keep a dream diary. Something for you that you can write down those that you remember. Even the ones that cause you to wake sweating and screaming. It gives you an idea of what you see as you sleep, and will pinpoint stress and tension in your life. I have one, and I pity the person who reads it after I'm gone. Many of the entries will make anyone go " what the hell"?

As always, best wishes to you all. Thanks for taking time out of your life to read my ramblings. Love those closest to you, and throw rocks at those too far way. HAHA

Peace be amongst you all, and happiness in your hearts.

Brandon

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to read your book!!! I love how you share what you are thinking.