Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Update

Ok, so I have received requests for an update on my current status of non singleness. Well, here it is. I'm still not single. Simple and to the point right??

Jackie and I are doing wonderfully. We have spent three weekends together so far, and I have had the opportunity to meet all the kids. I can't say that I blame them, but the kids love me. What's not to love? We have spent the last month plus getting to know one another, and finding out all we can about each other. At this point in time, she knows that I am awesome, funny (funnier than her according to the above mentioned children), romantic, sweet, handsome (her word, not mine), and an all around good guy. I now know that she is not only intelligent (as I stated in a previous blog), but she is also kind, warm, funny (not as funny as me though remember?), attentive, giving, beautiful, spontaneous, accepting, patient, and the most important part of my life. I can honestly say without a doubt that I have fallen in love. Fallen so hard that is stuck to me. Jackie has become the person I sought. She has taught me so much and left me yearning to learn more.
I know that when I first mentioned I had met someone, there were many posted congrats. I thank you all. I can now say that when I see how happy you all are with your husbands/wives, I honestly understand what it is you see. I have been far too long in the dark, searching without a light, and then suddenly the clouds parted. Jackie and I have so very much in common. We have our bad times as every relationship does. I ensure her it only strengthens us. I now know what it is to truly miss someone's company.
We have talked at length of me moving to California to be closer to her and the kids. She has no desire to move to Utah, and I don't blame her. Besides, she has a pool. But don't worry, the move will not be immediate. I have some loose ends to tie up here first. And I'm positive they get facebook in California too. Don't worry folks, I'm yours for a bit longer.
Well there it is...the update asked for. It is unusual for me, but I smile more lately. My stress has diminished and my anger doesn't surface as easily. I cannot wait for her to meet you all, and have already mentioned the reunion to her. I will still fulfill my duties to the reunion committee and will still peek in on your blogs every so often. I share your happiness for me, and thank you all again for your encouraging words and your pats on the back. I hope life is finding you all well, happy and full of fire. Remember to please be kind and rewind.

Brandon

6 comments:

Lisa J said...

That's so great! I'm so happy for you! Now see if she'll dress up with you for Halloween. If she will, then you know you've got true love. :)

Laurie A Ramirez said...

I am really happy for you! It's an amazing thing to find the right person...suddenly all the crap others have spewed for so long makes complete sense and you no longer have to hide your loneliness with stubborn insistence that you "enjoy your freedom." ;) I totally know where you are right now and urge you to take it all in and savor it. Being in love is wonderful, but the falling is a time that is too soon a memory. I wish you the all the happiness in the world! You deserve the best! And sunny skies! And a pool! :D

Anonymous said...

Wow!!! I am so happy for you. It is so amazing when you find someone that compliments you so well. I wish you the best. Know that you will always have our love and support!

DeLaina said...

Brandon-that is so wonderful! You have my permission to move to CA as long as you rpomise to come back next August for the reunion;-)

Anonymous said...

I MISS YOU. I HOPE YOU ARE OKAY.

Celeste said...

Congrats! Love is a wonderful thing and you deserve it.