Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Hello (Again)

It has been some time since I sat down to the typed word and told you about Life, from my perspective, but Life nonetheless. Things aren't that much different for me. My hair is longer, the beard continues to gray, and I'm still reasonably happy, I actually just responded to a job posting on Craigslist of someone searching for a blogger for their upstarting business.

Yes, that has changed. After 12 years and several disappointments later, I no longer work for the "steel mill". I enjoyed the job, and some ( not all by any means) of the people were enjoyable as well. BUT..after 5 years and no raise, and after many times of being lied to about insulating the building against the sub zero conditions and other things, I felt it best to go my own way. I stayed long enough to finish the Granger High School remodel, and for that I am proud. I was part of something that will be the future of my niece and nephew.

So anyway, back to my opening topic. How cool would that be? Seeing me blog professionally, or somewhat professionally depending on the circumstances. I would absolutely love it. I have missed filling everyone in on the mundane goings on of my average ordinary life. Sigh. I know no one has missed checking in each week to see that nothing has changed with me, or to see what current 'bug is up my butt'. Excuse the mental image if you will. But yes, in all honesty, I have missed writing. Why did I stop? I don't rightly know. perhaps I thought I was in fact being a pest, or even worse...BORING! :O.

I know, I know, I could never be boring. I am far too funny for that right? Bless you all for thinking so. Your checks are in the mail. Maybe I should switch to paypal. Would make things easier.

I guess what made me start writing again was reading some emails I had written a few years back to a very special cowboy girl by the name of Annie Oatmeal, and it hit me...I miss writing. I miss being able to send my thoughts to you via the blog web. I miss telling you what I think. I miss making people laugh. So if you read this, thank you. If it made you smile, thank you again. If you think I have a chance at writing professionally, please tell me. It never hurts to have ones ego stroked :D

As always, thank you constant reader ( that is, by the way, a line I lifted from Stephen King). Your thoughts are appreciated, and always wonderful to read. May happiness find you sitting on your deck in a comfortable chair with your favorite drink/book in your hand. Both if it suits you.


Brandon

1 comment:

DeLaina said...

Glad to have you back, and that my cowboy girl, Annie Oatmeal played a part in it :)