Friday, February 13, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day

Its been some time since I last wrote in here, so I thought I would leave a quick message. Nothing special, just wanted to wish my loyal readers a very Happy Valentine's Day.

On the radio today they were talking about the big day when cupid aims and shoots. According to the latest records there were 1.6 million roses bought this year. Not bad in this economy. Of that total 97% of those were red. Of that total 60% were produced in California. Thats good to know for me. I will know where to look next year. Now before you wonder what I meant by that, let me explain. I was set and ready to send my beloved roses..it didn't happen the way I would have liked it to. You see, my dearest went to Puerto Rico and there was to be noone home to recieve them. It's ok really. She had the chance to go somewhere she has not been and I would never deny her that. She deserved the rest. I hope she had a great time.

Now they were also discussing the top ten romantic movies and according to rental and other useless data they are (in no particular order) Titanic, Love Actually, Bridget Jones Diary, Pretty Woman, Four Weddings and a Funeral, Definitely Maybe, and a few others I cannot remember. Doesn't matter really...you watch what you want to watch. You enjoy what you want to enjoy. I don't honestly think what people rent or like should in anyway determine what I do. Im not saying Im not interested...Im always interested in the habits of others.

I was thinking and wondering about a few things. Do you curl up with the one you love and spend the day as a couple? Do you go out of your way one day a year to show them you love them above all else? Have your ideas of romance changed since you were younger? Is there a special song you play for just them? Do you have cute little nicknames for each other. Jackie and I do...She is my everything..my better half, my equal, my one true love and I am her Dork. It makes me smile to hear her call me that. What do you call your significant other?

One other thing I was curious about was this...when you were the age your children are now, did you decorate a shoebox for Valentine's Day? Did you ever go home empty handed? I remember the shoe boxes, but thats about it. I can't honestly remember if I ever went home without a Valentine. I doubt it...Im very lovable and cute as a button. Who wouldn't want to give me one?

Well anyway...I hope this made you stop and think. I hope you turn to your other half and tell them with utmost sincerity " See, you could've been a dork". No seriously, I wish you all the very happiest and most romantic of Valentines Day. I hope you kiss that special someone in your life and count yourself lucky to have them. I waited very long for mine and I'm not letting go.

All my best to you all

Brandon

P.S. I Love You Sweetheart

No comments: